- 10 Almonds
- 10 Cashewnuts
- 20-25 Peanuts
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts Shelled.
- 1/4 Cup White Melon Seeds Shelled (Kharbuje Ki Giri)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 TableSpoon Ghee
- 6 Green Cardomoms (Elaichi)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice.
- 1/4 Boond Kewara Essence (Alternative : Vanilla Essence)
- Khoya/Mewa (dough made from cooking milk for hours)
- Melt the sugar on the fire.
- Put in Lemon Juice, khoya, kharbuje ki giri,kewara Essence in the melted sugar and make the mixture of dropping consistency.
- Mix ghee in the Sugar mixture.
- Add all the dryfruits in the mixture until they are evenly spread.
- Set the Mixture Flat in a Thali preferably on a plastic thali and Cut it into Round , square or rectangular pieces.
- Allow it to cool or eat it fresh. The Gajak or Burfee is ready.
- 1/2 lb Puffed rice (murmura, churmura)
- 1/2 lb Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup Dry coconut flakes
- a few Cardamoms
- Take a large cooking pan add jaggery and enough water till it gets immersed and boil till it forms to thick consistency.
- To ensure that this syrup had reached the correct consistency, add a few drops into a bowl containing water and it shall solidify immediately.
- Add puffed rice, roasted peanuts, dry coconut flakes and cardamom powder and stir in all the ingredients. Let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Grease your palm with oil or ghee and roll into balls.
- 250 gms. wheatflour
- 250 gms. ghee
- 250 gms. sugar ground
- 3-4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- Melt ghee in a heavy pan.
- Add, flour and cook on med/low flame.
- Stir continuously, till med. brown.
- When aroma exudes, and properly browned, take off fire.
- Spread in a large plate.
- Cool till a shade above room temperature.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and sugar.
- Mix well. Sprinkle milk.
- Mix again and form tight fist shaped pinnies.
- This is done by taking some mixture and pressing in the fist.
- 1 cup groundnuts, skinned, roasted, pounded roughly
- 3/4 cup sticky jaggery
- 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- Heat jaggery in 1/2 cup water till the syrup is hard ball consistency.
- Test its consistency by putting a drop in cold water -it should remain firm.
- Add groundnuts. Grease a board and spread the groundnut-jaggery mixture.
- Roll flat to 1 cm thickness. Cut into squares when sufficiently cool and hardened.
- Store in a container lined with butter paper.
- 3 Litres Milk
- 100 Grams Rice
- 100 Grams Rice
- Kesar (Saffron)
- Elaichi (Cardomom)
- Badam (Almonds)
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Boil Milk.
- Add rice to the milk when boiled.
- Stir the milk until it gets thick and of dropping consistency.
- Allow the milk to cool.
- When the milk mixture is at room temperature, Add Saffron, and Sugar to it and mix it well. The Milk mixture will get a good colour.
- Top it with Almonds and Cardomom Powder.
- 1 or 2 pieces of gurh (jaggery)
- Peanuts to taste
- 2 tsp. Ghee
- Melt Gurh with ghee over low heat.
- Add peanuts slowly.
- Stir for a few minutes.
- Pour this into greased pan and cool over night.
- Now, break into pieces and relish it with family members and dear ones.